Our power networks are installed with electrical earthing to ensure both the correct operation of equipment and the safety of the people at the site.
Electrical earthing systems are designed for applications operating at relatively low frequencies, and Omega has driven the use of increasingly sophisticated technology, including specialist software, to determine ground resistivity, improve design and measure system performance.
Modern earthing techniques used by Omega meet all the relevant British and international standards, including BS 7430:1998 Code of Practice for Earthing and IEEE80-2000 Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding. Our electrical earthing systems will capture and disperse electrical current so that the site remains safe at all times.
Electrical earthing services offered by Omega include:-
- Site survey
- Computer aided design
- Material supply
- Test and commissioning of new installations
- Test and commissioning of existing installations
- Earth resistance testing
- HV earthing and generator earthing, including mobile electricity generators
- Anti-static earthing
- Electro-magnetic pulse protection (EMP)
- Power generation sites
- Sub-station earthing
- MRI equipment
- Industrial, commercial and MOD installations
- Heavy and light rail engineering